Tuesday, October 18, 2016

October 18th, 2016

This week has been crazy!! So many emotional up and downs but the spirit in the MTC is incredible. I forgot to tell you a lot of things last week like my flight. So we got delayed like 2 hours because the plane was missing some piece. Like seriously we were going to die, how does a plane miss a peace but anyways on the 16 hour flight there I leaned how to do a rubix cube and I can do one in one minute and 52 seconds now, pretty impressive if you ask me. The first night we were in our room the room flooded. So we all just grabbed and empty bed and some slept on the floor so that was fun. Oh and I also had a potato for like the first time here and I’m pretty sure I cried it tasted so good! We have a lot of po’p which is like this doughy sticky rice that looks like mushed oatmeal.  It has no taste but you dip it in whatever sauce you can find here. We had transfers halfway through the MTC and so i got a new companion. His name is elder Monoalibe and you pronounce the L as a D but its crazy. He teaches me Xhosa which ill be learning in the field and it took me just about 3 days to figure out how to pronounce one word. try making a clicking sound like you would make to call a horse while saying the letter K, nearly impossible. but I got it now and I can say how are you and I’m good.  its going to be so hard learning cause i cant pronounce them!! But when Elder Peyton Jeppson talked about going through a whole lesson with out know what they said (Elder Jeppson is in Ghana) then when got out of the lesson he asked his companion what native language the were speaking and he said English i laughed so hard but now i know what he means!!! wow sometimes when my companion talks to me i don’t know if he’s yelling at me in Xhosa of talking to me in English.  They have such a strong accent. I am getting the hang of it pretty well. My comp and i get along great and teach with really good unity but we still got roasted by an investigator one time and we walked out of the lesson in aw cause we had no idea what happened. We pretty much bible bashed the whole time and the spirit was not with. Its so important to teach with spirit or else you are going to go nowhere!! i wish i could tell you more but i don’t have much time but it sounds like all is well back home. I wont write next week cause ill be transferring to the field.  Maybe they will give me time to write

Elder Shaw



PS sorry for the grammar but don’t have time to correct

No comments:

Post a Comment