Wednesday, September 20, 2017

September 18, 2017

We are in week 6 right now so transfers will be next week Wednesday.

Members go to the temple usually once a year, at least that is when the ward has a temple trip but not everyone can go of course.

Ya for Mondays we just do FHE with members and then they feed us hahah it’s nice.

Ya I’m keeping a journal but not too well, like a once a week entry. I go on and off. Sometimes I’m really good at it and others I’m awful. Kinda just depends on my companion. J

Well this week was really funny hahah had so many funny experiences and cool ones as well. First of all i got to go on exchanges will Elder Lane and that was a blast!  We were in his area when we got into missionary work we had a lot of fun teaching the people. Let me tell you he is an awesome missionary!!! The ward he is in is struggling and very rural. They have a hard time with the priesthood holders but they are teaching some really good potential priesthood holders.

Funny story this week was actually a story i heard from the senior couples. They were teaching a class in the ward and they got onto a debate about if the pioneers had toilet paper or not. Some said no and others said ya. Finally one girl said no they don’t it even says it in the hymn! Come Come ye saints no toilet paper here... hahahhaha yo i was laughing so hard. (They have a hard time understanding english)!!!

Yesterday was awesome!!!! We had 3 baptisms and they were truly converted. In a lesson to prepare them for the baptism I was just going over what samkelo read and learned. He said i have to get baptized so that i can be forgiven of my sins and make it to heaven! We said, “yup totally true, man”. And then a few months ago we baptized someone called bulelani and he had the chance to bpatize his little sister yesterday and it was really cool cause he just recently received the priesthood. I’m so happy for them!


Next week is going to be my last week playing piano for the ward and I’m going to miss it hahaha hopefully i will get to play again sometime on my mission. Oh and i was called to be a speaker next Sunday and I’m trying to study super hard to bear my testimony in xosha.  i can feel its going to be really slow and rough but ill try. i like getting out of my comfort zone... sometimes.   

Love ya, Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment