Thursday, June 28, 2018

June 25, 2018

Sorry my computer is super messed up so I’ll try my best to write an email.
So this week was grand! haha  I’m grateful for all the birthday wishes!!!!

There is this one less active guy who moved into our area and has asked us to come do service for him about every day haha.it’s super funny. and I have a fun relationship with him and have a good time together but this week we painted his house, did his garden and cleaned out his garage! When we said, were going to leave now, he kept saying, wait one more thing, can you do this and that? J We have learned to leave his house an hour early having in mind we are going to do all these other things!

Soooooooo i guess i haven’t really explained any of our investigators mainly because we sift through them so fast. We have super powerful first lessons and then they disappear. But one good thing happened this week. Our investigator Emmanuel passed his baptismal interview and he will be baptized this coming week!!!! I am super excited for that. This man is so ready and so happy!

So soccer is a huge deal but South aArica didn’t even make it in sooo for pday last week we did RSA vs. USA and missionaries 3 v 3 in soccer and we won! None of us play soccer really other than one American missionary and the other 3 South Africans all played soccer. Ha We’re going to do it again today cause they wanted a rematch hahah super fun

My suit issssss ya not that good but i only wear it to church on Sundays and that’s it. I only have one suit. I just weighed myself this week at a members home, lol, in front of them... I’ve gained almost 20lbs in this area! haha and I’m not any fatter at all its all muscle!! super excited hahaha. the suit does not fit me at all but i make it work. I only really only have to wear it maybe 14 more times to church or something like that.

Also I gave an impromptu talk in our masi branch and i decided to kinda rebuke the ward for not doing member missionary work. It was for about 20 minutes hahaha. I think the Spirit pierced them to the very soul! because after it they all seem very excited to  “give referrals to the missionaries and share the gospel to our friends".  I think they did it out of fear of me instead of God...... oops, but whatever floats their boat to do dang member missionary work! Hahaha

I was reading the Book of Mormon this week in Heleman 12 vs 2-3 how the people go from super righteous to super wicked like 4 times!!!! I was thinking how can we remember the Lord in a time of prosperity then i thought about how rich prince came to Jesus Christ and after talking for a little while he asked an important question, 'what lack i yet?" Then i realized in a time of prosperity and ease we need to ask the Lord what we lack and he will kindly show us our weaknesses so we came grow and come closer to him (Ether 12;27)

Elder Shaw

PS Oh ya i also gave a member the book Jesus the Christ and in return she had to teach me how to make steamed bread..... man i can bake! hahaha tasted super good!


Also took a drive through Chapmens Peak drive. Super pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment