Sunday, September 9, 2018

September 3, 2018

Man, I can already tell you right now, this last transfer is going to be the best of my mission!!!! I love my new comp, Elder Dennis. He is from Mesa Arizona and just got trained. Our district is the best. Every morning we go play soccer on a cement slab and it’s super fun and good exercise. District meetings are killer.

Right now we are working a ton with members and seeing the blessing that come! I’m starting to think, why didn’t i do this earlier on in my mission but i guess you live and you learn. We kinda do Bible studies with all the part member families that we are teaching and just ask them, what concerns or questions do you have in the gospel and then just open up the Bible and answer their questions. Then we incorporate the Book of Mormon to show them it says the same thing if not in a better way!!!! And it’s working! But you really have to know your Bible and Book of Mormon to do so. I seriously have no idea where the knowledge comes from. I guess it helps to have read/reading the Book of Mormon over and over and studying the Bible like crazy! I have really grown to love studying! I just study a question about Prophets, no one can be saved in ignorance, or temple ceremonies done in the Bible and you would be amazed at what you find and how exact the church is today to the scriptures of olden times!!!! I can’t wait to come home and use gospel library! It will make studying a lot easier. By doing this Bible study with the part member families, it surprisingly make people think of a lot of questions to ask and they become really interested in the Book of Mormon! I kinda laugh cause many people think we are there for a Bible study, but most of the time we say we are here to help you come closer to Christ by the correct priesthood! But now were saying ya let’s have a Bible study. Most of the time, since there are a lot of false prophets here, they always ask about prophets and then that introduces authority and Joseph Smith and prophets today and then we invite them to pray! It’s awesome! I love the scriptures! Today my thoughts are super super random and hopefully you can interpret this email.

Love you,

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment