Monday, March 20, 2017

March 21, 2017

I guess you could say it was a rollercoaster week. We didn’t spend much time in our area this week due to Zone training and interviews. Then we went to Stellenbosch (an town thats in our area but kinda far away) for a youth conference that a few of us missionaries were invited to teach at. It was so fun to teach the youth about missionary work and all the aspects of it. They even fed us breakfast and lunch which was amazing! That was the loopdeloop of the week. The spinning sickening part was we don’t know where some of our investigators went! They didn’t come to church and we haven’t been able to make contact with them in a long time and they both have a baptismal date for the 26.  I think we are going to have to move it back to the 9 of April. Pray that we can find them!!! This week was so tiring!  I went to bed Saturday and woke up the next morning remembering that i had to give a 15 min talk in church. haha Just winged it. Turned out to be 20ish minuets and then people came up to me after saying it was good and there was even someone from our area council that was there hahaha. I love missionary work but it’s hard and tiring. I have a feeling that’s not going to go away so i just got to learn to cope with it.

Well mom I’m super tired right now but i get to go golfing with some of the youth cause they don’t have school today and last p day we got to go to a trampoline park. I was in heaven but i went with a bunch of uncoordinated Elders and it was so funny like this one guy seriously couldn’t even jump hahaha i was laughing so hard inside but then realized to be blessed with such a athletic body, i think i would die if i wasn’t. 

Usually when a mission president is going home (like mine) the mission tends to get disobedient and I’m surrounded with a bunch a disobedient elders but my comp and i got the compliment form our zone leaders that we were like the most obedient in the mission haha. wish my mission was more obedient

Interviews were awesome with President Merrill, I love talking to him!!  I asked where I’m going and he said he doesn’t know yet but he did say i was leaving. i think i will be going to eastern cape so Port Elizabeth and Queenstown and East London. I’ve never been there but i heard a lot of good things about it. We also had multi zone training this week which was great as always but what we did pretty much was just watch the missionary broadcast as a multi zone and we already watched it before but it was good because we stopped and talked about some of the points. Jealous you get to go to Austin. We were driving along the beach to get to zone conference and there were people surfing and i miss water soooooooo much!! I almost got in a crash cause i was staring at the waves haha.

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment