Monday, July 3, 2017

July 3, 2017

We got our new mission president on Saturday. No one really knows what to expect but he slept a ton these last few days cause of the time difference from salt lake.  I sent him and sms to ask permission for one of our districts to change their pday to another day and he called me back and when i saw his name on my phone i freaked out and was nervous hahaha but i knew it was for permission just didn’t know what to expect when i answered it but he seems really nice and smart. He came into the mission with 4 kids all under the age of 14 which is crazy sooo prayers for that family. His name is president Lebethoa and he’s from the biggest township in south africa called sweto. I think that’s how you spell it, not sure.

It get super cold here dad, luckily I’m now in a car. When we would walk it was sooo cold and people say it gets worse in August so not excited. The houses here don’t have like heaters they just boiler water on a burner to heat things up and that what we do as well haha its real cold at night.

I’m not in a new area really, i just moved flats like 2 min away. I’m in the same town just different township surrounding the town. I just joined area but we mostly play sports....rugby. Yo that sport is sooo much fun! I can’t wait to introduce it to you guys when i come back. I really enjoy watching it the little time we have when we walk past a bar or something hahaha its really fun!!!!

My comp is 3 months older than I am on a mission and he hits a year like next week and i hit 9 months this week so we are close together.

Being zone leaders together is the best because i love him so much but he kinda babies me and does everything, which i don’t like. But it’s getting better. Going on exchanges is always fun. I got to go on one with a greeny of about 3 weeks old and it was really funny to see what he was like. Weird to think i was like that, but hey we all go through that stage.

This week we saw some miracles not just at home! We are sacrificing a lot and trying to be exact in obedient and fasting and things like that so we can hit our baptismal goal. The pday that we start we had a lesson with a former investigator i dropped about a month ago and I told him straight up he needs to get baptized or we not coming back but in a missionary kinda manner. Just try to imagine how i would say that hahaha and we came back 2 days latter and they said, we feel that we need to be baptized, which is awesome!! They always come to church they just don’t read and don’t think they need to be baptized again but it was really nice to see that sacrifices work! That test strengthened my testimony. I think we are going to hit our goal with 11 baptisms this transfer but not sure how our whole zone is buying into the sacrifice challenge because we gave a zone training about it to them (nice way of rebuking them and telling them they need to be obedient). haha. I would say out of the 12 elders 8 of them are working at it. I did reports with the elders that weren’t making an effort last night and i asked them how it was going with the sacrifices and we will see how it goes for them. 

Love you

Elder Shaw
By the way this ostrich that you see bit me right after that picture was taken and it hurt! 
My new companion is the one where we are all sitting down with kids after playing rugby, hes the tongan right next to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment