Tuesday, December 19, 2017

December 18, 2017

This week was super crazy. We started out going on exchanges to Cape Town which was great but i swear every time i fly that flight gets delayed. I  waited in the airport for about 6 hours by myself because of transfers.... not gonna lie. it felt weird but kinda nice hahaha.

Next is we had an awesome baptismal service! Everything went smoothly and then when they got up to bear their testimony afterwards, it was the best part!! I’ll give you some quotes of what they said;

Hugo – I’m grateful for the opportunity to meet the elders. They really changed my life for the better.
Chantelle – I’ve decided from this day on I’m going to follow Jesus Christ and I’m never going to look back. (really rough background)
Yonella – I’m happy to be part of a new family. This is the right thing for me... (then just start balling her eyes out) 

It was the best!

Next my comp and i sang together in sacrament meeting. It was his last Sunday here. Elder Greengrass is super good at singing and then there is me but i thought it was pretty good. Right after i had an impromptu talk and complemented myself on the singing hahaha.

Transfer news came and I’ll be staying and receiving Elder Kyles, who is awesome!!! He’s from Utah and I’m super excited to be with him. I hope i get to spend 2 transfers with him!!!! My comp will be leaving to white wash train in Cape Town which is exciting. Scary place so pray for him. I have really learned a lot from him and I’m grateful!!!!

i loved studying that talk! yo it has some really good principles taught in it. i have never studied or even paid attention to conference like i have this time. They are great! What have i been missing out on? Are they always this good? haha i feel bad now.


Alma 13 is the bomb! if you want to learn how to be a good leader read the chapter! It pretty much sums up that Melchezidek was a legend! 

love you


elder shaw


No comments:

Post a Comment