Monday, March 19, 2018

March 19, 2018

Yo Fish Hoek is awesome! Turns out we are whitewashing it cause elder latu had to go home for surgery but hopefully he will be back in a transfer or so. Fish Hoek is very beautiful and pretty touristy is seems like. People love to surf and skateboard here ;) I’m way excited, we might have to go to the skate park to find some people to teach haha! My companions name is elder Bockarie from Sierra Lione. He Is very quiet and taking some time to adjust to cape town but he is getting there...kinda funny cause man west African people’s English is a lot different to southern Africa so there have been time here where i have to interpret his English for people! hahahha. We met the ward yesterday and they were all very nice and very welcoming. They even help bring investigators to church! So I’m really excited that some of the ward is on board with missionary work. There was a person here from the stake high counsel and he gave a killer talk on missionary work and it was just perfect for the situation! I think the Africa Southeast area presidency is really pushing missionary work here in cape town so they can build a temple in the near future which will be exciting. The thing is the people here are way wicked. I believe that is why there is a major drought (what i have come to the conclusion to). I’m very excited for these next few transfers to see what will happen.

There is a drought everywhere from PE to Cape Town and it’s bad. Funny thought, in my last area i was there for about 180 days (6 months) and out of the 180 days i had hot water maybe 20 of them so i took cold showers for a long time. Then i come to Cape Town and we can’t even shower for longer than 2 min! Kill me now! hahaha i can’t wait to get home and jump into a hot tub! I’m tired of this drought thing!

Were the only missionaries in this town. it is pretty small and we can’t even proselyte in some area cause they are too far away to the chapel for some people. But we can proselyte everywhere even though man, there are some sketchy colored areas!

Honestly about your last question I’m soooooo glad I’m not a zone leader anymore! I was one for so long and wanted a change. The change i wanted was to be a trainer so when i heard i was training i was super excited and then they said i was whitewashing and then it got really hard! Turns out my greenie served in Ghana before he came so he knows a little but man he’s having a hard time adjusting. I just love him.

Love you


Elder Shaw
Pictures: Saying Goodbye


No comments:

Post a Comment