Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16, 2017

This week was an average teaching week but it felt slow. Since my comp is going home all of the members wanted to say goodbye and feed us sooo that really nice! The members are awesome! i love them soo much, i didnt know how much of an impart the members have on a missionary. The other day i read the whole February liahona and there was a really good quote from Elder Hamilton who is over us and it said something along the lines of, " if you cant sacrifice everything you have then you dont have enough faith for you salvation" it was something like that but you can read it and it might make more sense. i love the liahona and they have such good lessons to teach members and less actives.

I haven’t quite gotten the Christmas package yet but i did get notified that i am receiving one. I have to go to the bank and pay for the package and then the mission office will deliver it to me (sadly i still had to pay for it but it wasn’t a lot of money). i will usually receive packages but they take forever!! i haven’t quite spent my Christmas money yet and i dont know what i should get, i think I’ll get some new slacks and socks but im just to lazy and i just want to save it. Also when i use my card its going to get denied, or every time after its going to get denied so i can only use it once then im going to have to call the bank and fix it.

While we were saying goodbye my comp, Elder Fonua said goodbye to his recent convert he converted and baptized and it was really sad. She was just crying the whole time and she didnt come to church cause she didnt want to listen and cry during church which is so sad. To see the impact that we have on people lives its incredible. It really strengthen my testimony on mission work and motivated me to be the best person i can be. I just hope i will be a good example for my son (Elder Sebeuh). I found a really good scripture in 2 Nephi 4, i dont know the verse but when you flip to the page its on the first column like 3/4 the ways down and it talks about not drooping hahah hopefully you find it. I REALLY like and compare it to a basketball standard not letting your standards down. Such a good scripture.

Kinda a funny experience is we were teaching this guy who lives in a room smaller than my  bedroom and its really messy anyways we were teaching and a rat seriously a rat crawls down the wire of his tv which is behind him so he doesnt see it and me and my comp just look at each other in the middle of the lesson and just start busting up laughing!! he was like oh dont worry about them there music is always this loud cause next door they were blaring music hahah we just laughed hard. Well there went the spirit but we couldnt hold it in. We had to finish lesson knowing there is a rat somewhere in this tiny room ahhh it was gnarly but sooooo funny!!

I hope all is well back home and i miss you very much and love you all

Elder Shaw


No comments:

Post a Comment