Thursday, August 24, 2017

August 21, 2017

This letter is going to be short cause i have to drive to East London in a little while. It’s a pday ruiner. This week was short cause of transfers and lots of driving. I didn’t really get to our area till Friday.  Oh let me tell you, elder lane is awesome!!!! Its’ so fun talking to him. When he came through the airport, we gave each other a big hug. It’s really weird to talk about home and stories and things, but so fun.. He even started calling me Caleb and i was weirded out! I haven’t heard that name in a long time
  
Speaking about my comp. He’s from Guatemala and is the humblest guy ever! We get along great. He’s about 14 months on mission so like a transfer before elder lane.

Got my card BTW!!!

We have a few people on date and 3 of them are looking very promising for the 3rd of September. Our goal is 6 for this transfer. Ah its nice being in a good area. i really don’t want to leave this place! Also I’m learning the language a lot more and kinda understand probably 60% at church but can only speak like 20%. ahha It’s fun and hard to get the clicks down.

The members don’t really feed us but they’re are like 2 families who invite us over ever week which is nice. I’m pretty sure my favorite food here is steamed breat of amaguenyas which is like Indian fried bread or sweeter. You just eat it plan or with some mince. It’s really nice. Also I kinda like amaquenya which is chicken feet. hahaha

It was very cold this week and we even got some snow in the hills surrounding the town. I wanted to go play in it this pday but we have to drive to the airport.

love you


elder shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment