Monday, August 7, 2017

August 7, 2017


It sounds like a hectic summer with a lot of fun activities!

Well this is our last week together and transfers will be next week Wednesday. It will be a big one i think cause we have all been in this area for a long time!!!! Yo my comp will probably go but who knows what will happen. I had MLC with our president for the first time and wow he is so energetic and fun to be around. He motivates everyone and its awesome!!! i love it.

We had to take our car in cause it was making some weird noises hahah so we had to walk for the day and we were on exchanges.  I was with Elder Ivan oh man he’s the coolest guy.  We got to walk for the day and talk a lot..... to each other mostly cause no one wanted to listen to us but we're like the same people. He loves basketball and skiing and boating and rock climbing so we talked a bunch. Too bad nobody else wanted to talk to us. 

The highlight of the week though was our baptism yesterday!!! it was so nice! Landa and Mihlali and Mbasa got baptized and it has been a journey for them. It was amazing to see them reject us and not want us to come back to getting baptized. It was awesome! They really had a change of heart. Because of sacrificing a lot of things this transfer and trying to be exact in obedient, miracles happen and they are one of them! Ill try to send pictures but they are on my companions camera. Our ward mission leader was not there and we realized after sacrament so we had to do a last minute scramble to get everything organized and ask people to give talks. I got to conduct it, I don’t get nervous in front of people any more, so glad. The baptism was really great!

One thing i have really enjoyed this week is my studies! i love personal study so much. I love to try and find what your investigators need and study about it. Somehow it always relates back to me in something I can work on. I wish i could study for longer than an hour hahaha!

It wasn’t a super exciting week but it ended really good!

love you, i have the best family ever!!!

elder shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment