Thursday, October 19, 2017

October 16,2017


The members here kinda feed us every Sunday and Wednesday which is nice. They have lots of people that can play the piano here so they don’t need me:(
  
This week i have decided to start the Book of Mormon again and at the end of each chapter write a small little chapter heading in my own words of how I’m going to apply this chapter into my life.  

Played volleyball last week for pday and oh man it was fun cause we have  5 elders that are Polynesian and are good at volleyball so it was a great! 

Cool/interesting experience this week: We have been doing service with this one in active person for the past month and finally we got a scheduled appointment with him. He said he was going to to braii for us which is like breaking the word of wisdom of eating to much meat but oh man it was sooo good. My favorite was ostrich steak, His 2nd wife is a non member and he blames all his hard times in life on God and thinks if there is a God, how could he let this happen? If God sent floods and parted seas and did all these things in the Old Testament times why did he change i thought he was the same yesterday, today, and forever? Haha good questions but we shared a Mormon message, Hope of God’s light with him and it brought the Spirit so much!! It was awesome and then we were able to answer some of his questions with the Spirit guiding us and soften his heart but the weirdest part for me was bearing my testimony to someone who doesn’t really believe in God. It’s like you have to start at rock bottom. If good choices in life bring happiness and bad choices bring sorrow and sadness then that denotes that there is a God and if there is, then why did he put us here? Where is He? How can i live with him? I just know that this gospel brings happiness and gives me lots of hope for the next life. At the end he  said he we could go through the lessons with him and his wife which is awesome!!!!! I’ve only taught like 1 white person my whole mission!! Mormon messages are the bomb and bring the spirit so much!!!!


Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment