Monday, October 2, 2017

October 2, 2017

Wow lots of questions.

1. How many elders in a zone? ummm 10 plus a senior couple

2. Is your proselyting area in East London in the rich part or the poor part? I’m in east london east london and its in 2 ward sooo kinda both but the white are a tonnn more humble here, mainly black though

3. Yo i love elder greengrass he is awesome, i dont know why but i have been blessed with good companions or I’m just easy to get along with everyone,  go with the first option.

4. In the ward i am in its about the same as my last ward but the zone is not as good as the last zone, we are probs the best area out of the zone because of the great missionaries that have prepared the way.

5. There are 2 zones in east london.... east london and mdantsane

6. Weather is like ummm California but more rain as we are in spring right now hahah but overcast a lot cause of  the ocean that we are right next to! It is very very humid!!! I don’t really like it haha

7. There are safety concerns everywhere but we are not walking so its better. I think everyone in the mission now has cars, maybe 1 or 2 areas are walking and if you are walking at night its pretty dangerous like elder lane.

I loved conference!!!!! it was the best cause i felt like mostly every talk was speaking to me!!!!

Transfers killed me, not sure why but yo i was so tired and i felt badly for Elder Greengrass because i wasn’t really myself and didn’t contribute much in lessons. i look back and am amazed at how i made it in college with no sleep! haha But my new area is awesome!!! It’s really nice when elders leave the area a LOT better than they found it. Coming into this area was heaven because it is really prepared for some good missionary work to happen. The members have caught the vision of missionary work and love to give referrals to us!! It’s amazing!!! I’ve never had this happen before haha. Elder Greengrass is awesome as well. He’s from England and sings and plays the guitar like better than anyone i know. He’s better than Shaun Mendes haha. We are going to get along great!!!!!

Conference.... yo its was awesome! I went into conference with 3 questions and all have them have been answered! Conference here is a little different. We watch Saturday morning session at 6 pm our time and then 3 sessions on Sunday and then Sunday afternoon we don’t get to watch so we will have to download it and watch it later. I still got some really good notes. My favorite talks were Ronald A. Rasband when he said  coincidence is Divine intervention in Gods eyes. I’m going to look more for the tender mercies in my life, Then the next favorite talk was Henry B. Eyring in the last talk of Sunday morning. I think. That one wasssss soooo gooood. not going to lie i don’t remember what he talked about but i remember how i felt and it hit me like a rock. I’m going to have to look over my notes on that one!

Elder Shaw 


No comments:

Post a Comment