Monday, October 9, 2017

October 9, 2017

This week is my 1 year mark, so I’m going to write some of my thoughts. 3 most important things i have learned on mission

1 Learning to love the gospel and watching it change your life as you apply its principles into your life, especially the Book of Mormon!!!! This week made me realized some of my bad habits. My reaction to those habits now compared to before my mission just makes me laugh. My mission has really changed me for the better. Sometimes you choose not to see your faults and other times they are obvious.  i don’t know what it was when but when i hit a year it was like ahhhhh iiiiii seeeeeee.

2. I have learned that when I am frustrated, impatient, or anxious, to turn to the Book of Mormon to relax myself. You know back home i would have turned to my phone or something of no worth to calm me down or relax but truly the only thing that is good for you is to turn to the gospel because that’s where peace and love come from!!!!

3. This lesson i am still learning is about the power of prayer. Sometimes i just think that ah he knows what i need and think so i don’t really need to ask but in proverbs it says something like, trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not to thy own understanding. iI all ways acknowledge him and he will direct thy path. I have really seen answer to my prayers that i have never ever had before and it is amazing!!! God is there and He listens to you! I had a really specific question one night and right after than i always read The Book of Mormon right before i go to bed and it was answered so specifically it was amazing! Still learning to acknowledge Him in all things and to council with Him but it coming along!

Mission might take you out of the world for you two years but really when you return you will be two years ahead of the world!

Why will I be a better missionary the 2nd half of your mission?

Now that i have seen the difference and impact the atonement has made in someone’s life, i testify a lot more to people that the atonement is real and it can change you. It’s amazing to see Pauline, Pamala, and Musa who are in a family (some of them had trouble with drugs) and now they are awesome!! Their countenances just shine and the atonement has really changed them. They are schedule to be baptized on the 5 of November and i cant wait! They have been such an inspiration to me on my mission to see that much change in someone in such a short time!!!

One more quote... ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of truth...... you never come to the knowledge of truth if you don’t apply it into your life!

love you 

Elder Shaw


No comments:

Post a Comment